- 2 cups roasted tomatoes, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 5 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon timur (szechwan pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup small dried shrimp, rehydrated in water and drained
- 3 tablespoons mustard oil, or olive oil
- 10 dried red chilies
- In a blender combine all pickling ingredients to form smooth paste-like mixture (can be made chunkier, if desired).
- Transfer into a large bowl.
- For garnish, in a non-stick pan heat oil; splitter dried red chilies until they turns dark.
- Add rehydrated shrimp and fry till crisp.
- Pour the shrimp-oil mixture over the tomato mixture.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Author: Tulsi Regmi
Originally posted 2009-12-07 22:28:02.