(Smoked Wild Boar Marinated in Seasoned Mustard Oil)
- 3 lbs. piece of wild boar with fatty skin attached (pork meat can also be used)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon timur (Szchwan pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 5 red chilies, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 1-in ginger, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, cut in 1-in. length
- Wash piece of wild boar thoroughly.
- In boiling salted water, cook the meat for at 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the boiling water to drain.
- In a large bowl, coat the meat with rubbing ingredients; set aside for 10 min.
- Smoke-grill the meat until skin is crispy.
- Cut into 1/2-in. cubes with the crispy skin attached.
- In a blender combine cumin seeds, chilies, three cloves of garlic, ginger, and turmeric with two tablespoons of oil to yield smooth paste.
- In a bowl, mix the choyla paste with the meat pieces, gradually pouring two tablespoons of oil, toss it well to coat thoroughly.
- To garnish, in a non-stick pan heat two tablespoons of oil, splitter fenugreek till it turns dark.
- Add garlic slices and fry till light brown.
- Pour the oil mixture over the marinated meat.
- Add green onions. Toss the whole mixture well.
- Serve with stir-fried vegetables and rice.
Author: Tulsi Regmi
Originally posted 2009-12-07 17:06:16.