(Sweet Tamarind Achar for MOMOs)
- 3 cups black plum, cut into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 fresh red chilies, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon timur (Szechwan pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- In a sauce pan, heat oil; splitter cumin seeds until dark brown.
- Add chilies, garlic, ginger, timur, asafetida, and salt.
- Fry for a minute or so.
- Add plum chunks, tamarind paste and brown sugar.
- Mix all ingredients well and allow simmering in low heat for about 30 minutes, or until plum chunks are tender.
- Remove from heat and let rest to cool.
- Puree the tamarind mixture into a smooth paste-like mixture.
- Serve with steamed momos.
Author: Tulsi Regmi
Originally posted 2010-01-29 14:35:15.
Related Cooking Recipes (Nepali Food):