- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water (more if needed)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak dry rice and lentils in water overnight.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor.
- Add cumin, salt, and 1 cup of water.
- Puree to a thin, fine-textured batter, adding more water a little at a time if needed.
- Generously oil a small non-stick skillet or crepe pan.
- Pour a 4 inch puddle of batter into the center of pan and rotate the pan with your wrist to evenly distribute the batter into a thin pancake.
- When the pancake is golden brown on the bottom side, turn the pancake over to brown on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Pancakes may be kept in a warm oven until serving time.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 knob ginger root, finely shredded
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, chiles, tomato and chicken and stir-fry until tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in scallions and feta cheese.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of each chatamari pancake and gently roll the pancake around the filling.
- Serve with Achar for dipping. (See recipe above.) Serves 4.
Originally posted 2009-11-30 17:08:39.
Related Cooking Recipes (Nepali Food):