(Spice Mix for Vegetable Preparations)
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon dark mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 10 dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon timur (Himalayan Szechwan pepper)
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- On a pan roast cumin, coriander, mustard, fenugreek seeds, timur and black peppercorn until seeds start to pop and change color.
- Reserve on a dry sheet of paper to allow cooling.
- Grind all roasted and other remaining spices into a fine powder.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- This all-purpose masala can be used in any vegetarian or non-vegetarian preparations.
Author: Tulsi Regmi
Originally posted 2009-12-14 12:58:14.